Tuesday, November 16, 2010

From The Mouths Of Babes

Tonight in the mall, my little one decided to be a royal p.i.a. It was the mall, which I rarely even venture into, so I totally got it.

On our way back to the car, we had to cut through one last store to get out of the building. Mr. Pants stopped at the sight of a remote control car he really wanted.

This is what I heard come out of his mouth:

"Mommy, I love you. I'm your best friend...... And I'm not an asshole either."

The entire store erupted in hysterical laughter. Shocked, I counted to five in my head and calmly said, "That's not very nice. Who said that to you? Did Jackson say that to you?" (he's the bad kid at school)

Mr. Pants' reply?: "No Mommy, YOU did."

How on earth was I supposed to even follow that up???

I just gently took his hand and headed for the door. I called Daddy on the way home and he could not stop laughing. It lightened his mood after working 6 in a row of 12s.

Never a dull moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment