Saturday, April 3, 2010

Vocabulary Lesson

It's been a busy week. Monday evening the hubs, some friends/co-workers and my mom all went to Dave's visitation. My brother was part of the honor guard and did "casket watch". We made our way up to the casket and paid our respects. My mom turned to Dave's mom and said, "I don't know you and I didn't get to know Dave, but for the grace of God I could be sitting in your chair. My son is standing at your son's feet."

Dave's mom stood up and gave my mom a huge hug and told my mom she is proud of both their sons. How awesome his family is.

I was so proud of my bro standing up there at attention with the white gloves and full dress uniform. It was very humbling to see him standing watch like that.

So afterward, we all went out and spent time together. My bro says, "I gotta tell you this new word I learned on a call the other night".

He starts telling me how he got a call for a disturbance and on the way to the address, he kept telling his partner that the address seemed all too familiar. They shrugged it off and approached the front door.

"The front door opened and there is this itty bitty old lady who tells us "He's already gone, officer.""

"From behind the old lady comes a slightly younger lady with the "wonkiest wall-eyes I've ever seen. It was at that moment I remembered dealing with these folks before."

The younger of the two ladies starts going on a tirade saying "I'm a diabeteee and I had brain surgery in 1965. If my brother comes back here again I'm gonna kill him..".

So, after listening to this for several minutes, my bro decided to go a couple doors down and talk to the man regarding this disturbance and tells the ladies not to let the man in the house anymore since he doesn't live there.

Bro knocks on the door and the man answers. The man has a huge welted area on his forehead. Bro looks at him and asks, "Jesus, man. How'd that happen."

Guy responds by saying, "We got to arguin and she hit me with a smoov."

"A 'smoov'?", Bro asks, intrigued.

"Yeah, you know.. that thing you smoov your clothes with."

"Oh, you mean an iron?", Bro asks.

"Yeah, that thing."

Gotta love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I will have to remember that... smoov..... :)

    ReplyDelete