Friday, April 9, 2010

Another Officer Badly Injured

I am so sick and tired of these dirtbags. Last night another officer was shot three times in the neck and shoulder and is now paralyzed from the waist down due to one of the bullets hitting his spine. He is only 30 years old.

The only "good" news out of this is his partner returned fire on the bad guy and last I heard the bad guy has a "gaping hole" in his head. Technically still alive. We'll see what happens.

All this from a domestic. Lovely.

I hate the way people make me feel some days. I hate that my heart is filled with nothing but cynicism. I hate that this is the world my kids are growing up in. And mostly, I hate that the hubs (and all of yours) walk out that door every day to face situations like these. It sucks.

It's just a down kinda day.

3 comments:

  1. My sympathies to the officer and his family. That's horrible poor kid (compared to me) only 30 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible news, that. It is so hard to believe that people can be so lost in themselves that they'd do such a thing.

    And, yes, it is hard to watch that sort of thing and not give up on people. I am ever-thankful for small town life where that sort of thing is more rare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad and scary,way too young.
    I feel ya sister and yes it sucks!

    ReplyDelete