Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What's New?

I've been on hiatus for a bit. Just a lot going on with us. License issue over, civil suit heading toward high gear... getting ready for this baby... I'm running myself in circles.

I only have 11 weeks left until Mr. Baby arrives. Holy crap, where did time go? I have all the "stuff" I need, just have done absolutely nothing in the nursery. Like move out the office furniture, paint the walls, reassemble the crib, haul in the dresser and rocking chair... but I did buy the paint. Doesn't that count for something? And it's no-voc so I can actually participate in the painting!

My basement storage room looks like a diaper warehouse. Decided to stockpile like 3 industrial size boxes per month since month 1. So glad I did. Made it easier to spend the money in advance. All of the baby clothes are washed and hung neatly in the closet and I picked up the last few things at Babies R Us. Baby bathtub, new stroller, bibs and burp cloths. I honestly can't think of anything else I need since I still had everything from previous baby.

Trying to keep my exercise up, although I am whimping out and have admittedly eaten like crap. SOOOO mad at myself. Damn girl scout cookies. Now that I've devoured most of them, I actually have returned to a more agreeable diet for a pregnant chic. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, oatmeal, grilled chicken and occasionally a bite or two of red meat for the iron. No more pasta (didn't eat a lot of that anyway due to hubs), bread or fast-food.

Yesterday I felt like a cow that had been tipped. I love being pregnant, just hate having to go through this stressful legal crap at the same time.

The plaintiff's attorney was really grasping at straw's hoping we had a clause in our homeowners policy that covered civil suits.. uh, wrong! We were able to confirm with our agent that our policy strictly covers incidents related solely to our property. This type of civil suit would be covered under an umbrella policy, which we do not have. Yay us.

From what our team said, that really stuck it in and broke it off for the greedy, malicious piece of crap suing hubs. So much so that they anticipate the case being withdrawn. "With the cash cow gone, the attorney no longer has a real interest and will not recoup his costs in this federal case....".

I'm just tired of being tired.. and stressed.. and nickel and dimed to death. We WILL win, damn it.



2 comments:

  1. ...with the cash cow gone...
    aw yes, the REAL reason for most lawsuits.

    This sucks for you. Hope to see life making a great turnaround soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our own civil suit is drawing to a close...they've decided to settle with a gag order and No admittance of guilt/fault/wrong doing on the officer's part. But it still pisses me off that the little whiny piece of crap is getting a dime out of this! However--her lawyer basically negotiated just enough to cover his own fee. He didn't give a crap about her either. I guess it's justice. Either way, it's almost over. And I'm glad about that. We'll keep an eye on various publications around town, because as soon as she starts talking she's busted. And she will start talking.

    But back to you--relax...put your feet up...and enjoy the next few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete