Tuesday, August 10, 2010

KPO I Love You

My dear, sweet brother in law passed away this morning, the day before his 46th birthday. We were able to spend Friday through Monday with him. He waited until we left and then passed on.

He gave my niece a ring he had purchased in Turkey many years ago. He said to her, "When I bought this, it was long ago and at the time, I didn't know who I was buying it for. I just knew I was buying it for someone special. Turns out, the special person was YOU."

I am so proud of him for putting up a wonderful fight. He never lost his spirit, even making quips like, "Hey I have this really great weight loss plan, although I don't recommend it."

I am also proud of my husband. He did such a wonderful job comforting his big brother and saying all the right things. And he wasn't afraid to say all the things he wanted. He talked about many precious memories and he told him he loved him and will take care of his daughter and wife.

Always, always, tell the people you love just how much you care about them!

1 comment: