Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still Alive





Hello out there. I made it through my surgery yesterday just fine. They kept me overnight and I got home today. Meadowlark, you were so right about the anesthesia! My anesthesiologist was a retired Navy Captain and was amazing! The sweetest, gentlest man ever. I kept my mouth shut and acted like I was some kind of professional but he knew I was shaking in my boots.

They did all the preop fun like making me get naked underneath a piece of paper and then wheeled me back to the O.R. I remember the one doc telling me they were gonna put squeezy boots on me and then as they asked me to slide from the bed to the operating table, the sneaky anesthesiologist plunged the propofol! I was out as my head hit the table. Never even saw it coming it was fantastic! I woke up asking the nurse, "Did I just wake up?". She busted out in a chuckle and said, "yep". It was great. I let out a big cough which was kind of gross but then they gave me a 2 of morphine and started wheeling me for what seemed like miles through the hospital to my room. Never got sick. Never had any bad feelings. Just got good at laughing at myself repeating the same things over and over and saying, "I feel like I just told you this..".

The only thing I have taken since that initial morphine is straight liquid tylenol. I'm feeling really lucky about how everything went. It's kind of like a nasty case of strep throat. I ate angel food cake and ice cream yesterday. And a bunch of other junk, too.

I'm glad to be back at home and to see my little boys. The hubs was such a huge help taking care of me and is getting used to me not really having a voice. It comes and goes.

I'm looking forward to doing a bunch of nothing for the next 2-3 weeks. I needed the break from work anyway :)

4 comments:

  1. Hurray!!!! I didn't know anything about pain meds, but glad the anesthesia was easypeasy.

    Go get some rest and keep us in the loop.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a nice surgury!And even more so a helpful hubby, get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey pics, you are brave! haha looks like a nice incision. I put vit e oil on mine and the scar didn't keloid and isnt very visible.Wishing you a super fast recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck?! You didn't get any bruising! Seriously, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete