Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chillin

I am feeling really good. I'm still sore from the ET tube and my strap muscles in the sides of my neck are a little rough but otherwise I can't complain. I've had a bit of a cough but nothing too bad.

I was telling my bro tonight that he must have been right all these years. I suppose I do have ice water running through my veins. The doc said when they cut into my neck, I didn't bleed. They were amazed considering they had to do a 'deep neck dissection' and go really far to the left side of my neck. Of course he could not stop laughing.

So.. I ate an entire McRib sandwich, half a rotisserie chicken and half a container of mashed potatoes. I followed that up with a large chocolate shake. Man life is good!! I can't believe how much better things are already. This damn thing has been sucking the life out of me for two years and I am just so so thankful the little alien thing is out of me now. I can breathe and I can swallow which means I can EAT!

It's been great chillin with the hubs just watching movies and vegging out. Feels like we're in college again :) I'm sure he's loving the fact that I still have no voice!

Now I'm just waiting for pathology to do up the report so I can see if there was anything sinister. Not likely but I just want to breathe that sigh of relief. It'll be ready in another 2-3 days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at all the food you had! It didn't hurt?!

    you are super cute by the way! I think my husband would kill me if I posted pictures of me and him, but I love seeing the other pw's who's blogs I've been enjoying reading.

    I'm glad the surgery went well. Hope you are getting lots of rest and special treatment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I have been eating like a cow!! Ha ha. It hasn't really hurt but I've also been pretty careful.

    My sleep is screwed up but when I do sleep it's like the dead. And as for special treatment, sadly it's nearing its end. :( lol... it was really cool while it lasted!!

    ReplyDelete